Giulia is a 37-year-old manager who has staked everything on her career. She works in a major company in the Northeast, and at 36 she had to resort to IVF to have a baby. She cares about her fitness, goes to the gym regularly, but she’s a heavy smoker. She has made several attempts to quit smoking, but work-related stress made her to fall back into the bad habit. The difficulties encountered in getting pregnant led her to question herself about the correct behaviors to adopt during pregnancy. She quit smoking as soon as she learned she was pregnant, but she wants to know more, because she thinks this is her last chance to become a mother. She is sensitive to any indication, she comes to MITOSI already with a strong background of knowledge. She is a bit in doubt about vaccinations, as she read a lot about no vax in internet. One thing is certain: motherhood for her represents a strong motivational drive for change.
Mobile device skills
Affinity to new tech
Digital Health Literacy
Assistance (ICT use)
What's important to Giulia
– Being a winner in life
– Mantaininga good physical shape
– Not loosing her baby, or damage him/her
– Giving the best to her child
– Quit smoking
– Several unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant
– Family history with breast cancer (mother)
– She works about 10-12 hours a day
– She practice gym or home gym at least twice a week for about one hour
– She reads finance books also at home
– In the evening, she watches TV series with her partner on Netflix
– During the weekend, she meets her friends and relatives
– She loves shopping at least once a month
– She goes to hairdresser and beautician at least once a month
– Blood pressure, glycemia, and any other test necessary for pregnancy
– Obstetric ultrasound scans
– Tests required for IVF
Events, issues & personal concerns
– Compulsive smoking
– Too much time spent at work
– Concern about her age for being a mother
– Concerns about loosing her physical shape during pregnancy
Treatment: medications, therapies, etc.
Own resources & assets / support
– She’s clever and with a high study degree (master)
– She’s got a great willpower
– She’s a good income, aldalso her boyfriend
– She’s motivated to know everything which allows the best conditions for her pregnancy
Care professional concerns
– Professional support to quit smoke (and maintaining after childbirth)
– Attending meditation courses
– Being able to enjoy her family life sacrificing career
bySilvana Zanon, Aulss3 Serenissima – Veneto Region
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.